This one has been in my family for generations. I have no idea where this recipe came from but my mom has made it ever since I can remember. This is our family’s homemade spaghetti sauce. My kids love this one. And yes, this sauce is Gluten Free! You can serve it over any pasta you like, but my family has come to love the Barilla Gluten Free Pasta. You can click HERE to buy it off Amazon. My kids can’t taste the difference! Another good pasta is Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta. You can buy it on Amazon HERE. Quinoa has seven different pastas available: Elbows, Linguine, Spaghetti, Rotel, Shells, Garden Pagodas and Veggie Curls. So what is Quinoa? It’s an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy and slightly crunchy texture. It also has a bit a nutty flavor when cooked. There are so many health benefits with Quinoa …you should for sure check this pasta out!
Enjoy the sauce!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Chop the onion and add to the hamburger meat in a large skillet. Brown the meat in the skillet until there is no pink color left in the meat.
- Once the meat has been browned, drain the fat. Add browned meat and all other ingredients listed above together in a large saucepan.
- Cook at a slow rolling boil on medium-low for about 45 min to an hour.
- You may need to add a bit more water if it gets too thick.
- Feel free to adjust salt and brown sugar as needed for the taste you prefer.
- This spaghetti sauce freezes well! After you make a batch of the sauce, let it cool and add it to a gallon size Ziplock bag. Frozen sauce will last for 6 months in the freezer.
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.