This Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos with Endive and Avocado Salad is perfect for any weeknight dinner! The flank steak is rubbed with a spice mixture and placed on a bed of chopped onions, red and green peppers. Serve this one with a homemade Endive and Avocado salad and you’ve got yourself the perfect Mexican dinner everyone will love!
I am a lover of tacos…let’s just get that out of the way right now. Any type of taco…I’m up for trying! Give me a food truck, and I will eat your tacos. Give me a hole in the wall taco shop and I will try your tacos. Any state and any country…I will try your tacos. I LOVE tacos! And salad…but we’ll get to THIS salad in a minute!
So why THESE tacos? Well, they are delish and super easy to make. All you have to do is prep a little bit and let your Crock Pot do all the work! I’m a part of a lunch coop at my office and we had 2 ladies bring in a fantastic recipe that I just had to share! These Beef Carnitas Tacos are absolutely worth repeating! And back to this salad recipe for a minute…this is by far a very different salad recipe and I don’t think I would have picked this one out to try, but that’s the point of the lunch coops…you try things you normally wouldn’t. I’m so glad they made this Endive Salad because it was fantastic!
Let’s not take away from these tacos…the Beef Carnitas Taco were fantastic. And you make them in the Crock Pot! So easy! Since trying this recipe at my lunch coop, I’ve made these at least 20 times and this has become my daughter’s favorite recipe! Look how juicy the flank steak is here in this recipe below!
Just a word of advice and my number one cooking tip to make these Beef Carnitas Tacos over the top amazing…ensure when you are marinating your steak with the rub that you really lather this rub and push the spice rub into your flank steak so the steak gets the full flavor. I know…it sounds weird but it’s the key to success for these Beef Carnitas Tacos! And if you don’t love flank steak, use iron steak! I typically substitute flank steak for iron steak because it’s more tender. And don’t serve these tacos alone….
This salad!!!! Oh my goodness it’s just amazing! This Endive and Avocado Salad pairs wonderfully with these Beef Carnitas Tacos and brings out the flavor!! Both recipes are Gluten Free, full of protein and healthy fat. It’s perfect for any dinner and makes such wonderful leftovers! Enjoy these tacos and Happy Eats!!
Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos with Endive and Avocado Salad
Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos
- 2 lbs Flank Steak or Iron Steak
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
Spice Rub for Beef Carnitas Tacos
Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos
- Mix together all spices in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over your flank steak—be generous and rub it into the meat. Then, place your steak at the bottom of your crock pot.
- Cover the steak with the chopped onions, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper. Turn heat on LOW and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove meat from crock pot and shred with a fork. It should be incredibly easy to shred.
- To serve, heat your corn tortillas in a skillet on the stove. Spoon some carnitas on a tortilla then top with salsa, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Endive and Avocado Salad
- Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Remove a half inch from the stem end of each endive, discard the core, and cut the rest across into 1-inch chunks. Cut the avocados into large dice or wedges. Toss the avocados and endive with the vinaigrette.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
- corn tortillas (soft or hard)
- avocado slices
- your favorite salsa
Oh…if you’re looking for some additional AMAZING Mexican sides and toppers, you have to check out these:
Don’t forget to pin these Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos with Endive & Avocado Salad to your favorite CROCK POT and EASY DINNER board on PINTEREST!
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.