This savory Lemon Butter Chicken is just over the top! Full of flavor, every bite is unforgettable. The lemon cream sauce mixed with fresh garlic and Parmesan cheese pairs perfectly with the tender and juicy chicken. So savory…this dish will leave you coming back for more!
This recipe was originally written for Eazy Peazy Mealz about a month ago. I’m a contributing writer for Racheal and I love her site! Make sure to go check it out! But, I’m very excited to share this simple and crazy flavorful chicken dish with you today! I love a good chicken dish…I mean…who doesn’t? If you are anything like me though, you get in this rut of making the same chicken recipes over and over and over again. Well, sometimes you need to switch it up a bit and this recipe is the perfect one to try if you are tired of the same old chicken recipe!
Let’s talk about the simple ingredients in this dish because we all need a little bit of easy and simple. Chicken breasts, fresh garlic, fresh spinach, paprika, lemon, fresh cracked pepper and heavy cream. Easy! I also use a splash of white wine in this dish.
With this recipe, you’ll start off by sautéing the chicken for about 2-3 minutes per side. When it’s finished sautéing, you’ll set the chicken aside while you make the sauce. This dish works perfectly in a Le Creuset Dutch Oven, but I used a rockcrok from Pampered Chef and it worked just as well!
It’s really fun to make this sauce because it’s so easy to throw together and it’s super yummy! When you make the sauce, you are going to saute the fresh minced garlic with butter, then add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and thyme. Once you bring the sauce to a slow rolling boil, you’ll add in the fresh spinach until it starts to wilt. Oh and be prepared…this step in the process smells SO GOOD! It’s mouthwatering!
When the sauce slightly thickens, you’ll add the sauteed chicken into the juices so you can bake everything in the oven to finish up the cooking process. I love the paprika in this dish. It really helps this chicken saute beautifully! The sauteed garlic mixed with these juices of the chicken and other ingredients makes you want to eat it at this stage…but please don’t! It’s worth the wait, I promise!
After the chicken bakes in the oven, your dish is ready to eat! Look how savory this dish turns out! Full of flavor and this chicken is crazy juicy! I love to pair this dish with my recipe for Ono Rice and my Brussels Sprout Salad! I like to mix the rice with the lemon butter sauce…it makes every bite so divine!
Oh – and yes, this one is gluten free! Yeah! This dish has easily become a family favorite! It looks and tastes like it took a long time to make, but it’s super easy and absolutely fantastic! I promise, you will devour every single bite down to the last drop! Happy Eats on this Lemon Butter Chicken dish!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet (a Le Creuset Dutch Oven works well or a RockCrok or cast iron skillet) over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
- While the chicken is resting, return back to the same skillet and melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 2 more minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, splash of wine and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add in the spinach and parsley and simmer until the spinach and parsley has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Continue to cook the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker. You don't want the sauce to become too runny!
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
If you want to kick this recipe up a notch and make it a bit more fancy, you can add in some fresh mushrooms and capers! I love the added flavor of both of these ingredients with this dish! You would simply add the fresh mushrooms and capers in when you add in the spinach and parsley! Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or your favorite pasta and it's fantastic!
Pin this Lemon Butter Chicken recipe to your favorite DINNER board on PINTEREST!!
Recipe inspired by: Damn Delicious
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.