A good chicken recipe is great for dinner and this Baked Chicken with Dijon Lime Sauce is a family favorite....full of rich creamy flavor without the dairy! Pairs perfectly over rice or mashed potatoes! Super easy and quick to make, this chicken dish is delish!
By now, I think you guys know that I love dishes that contain Dijon Mustard. Like LOVE! Like...really, really love! Dijon mustard is one of my all time favorite ingredients and I love it in so many dishes. I had a friend who recently went to France and France is known for good quality Dijon mustard. My friend was kind enough to bring me back a couple of different Dijon Mustards and oh my goodness they were so incredible!
For this Baked Chicken with Dijon Lime Sauce, you can use a basic Dijon Mustard...nothing fancy is required here! This recipe is SUPER tasty and it's the easiest dish to make. It's full of flavor. The beauty about this dish is you can make it with chicken legs, boneless and skinless thighs or chicken breasts. My kids tell me I must make this with chicken legs. They love some chicken legs!!
There is a secret to this recipe though and for the flavor's sake, don't skip this step. When you open your chicken packet, you'll want to make sure you rinse each piece of chicken with water. Then, you need to dry each piece of chicken. Yep - sounds weird but it's key. Each chicken piece must be dried off completely with a paper towel. If the chicken has water on each piece and then you apply the dijon mustard sauce, it becomes runny and loses a lot of flavor. So, make sure you individually dry off each chicken piece after you wash it until it's completely dry!
Another tip and trick for you....when cooking the chicken, make sure you place the chicken pieces close together. When I cook 8 to 9 pieces of chicken, I always use a 9x13 glass pyrex dish. When it's just 4 or 5 pieces, I use a 8x8 glass pyrex. There is something to be said about cooking these chicken pieces close together!! And mix it up! Cook some chicken thighs, legs and drumsticks for dinner! So delish!!
Guys, this dish is naturally gluten free. This Baked Chicken with Dijon Lime Sauce is a repeat dish here at Mason Manor. We have it about every other week! I pair this dish with my Homemade Mashed Potatoes or over my Ono Rice recipe. Delish! Enjoy this one and Happy Eats!
Looking For More Chicken Recipes?
Baked Chicken with Dijon Lime Sauce
- 20 ounces chicken thighs (5 boneless and skinless)
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400. Rinse the chicken and pat dry completely with paper towels.
- Season the chicken generously with salt. Then, set chicken aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon Mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pyrex dish. Pour the Dijon Mustard mixture over the chicken, tossing well to coat.
- Bake chicken uncovered until it is cooked all the way through; breasts will take about 30 minutes, and legs and things will need 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken with the pan juices drizzled over the top.