Filled with roasted chickpeas and a homemade basil pesto sauce, these Pesto Chickpea Lettuce Wraps make for the perfect snack or a light lunch! Rich in flavor, easy to make and super healthy!
It’s a lettuce wrap kind of a day! Which means I’m in a mood.
I’m in a mood for a tasty, healthy, full of flavor, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free type of food that I can eat as a snack or for a light lunch on these crazy hot summer Arizona days. Oh, and it needs to have a good balance of clean carbs, healthy fats and protein. Too much to ask for? Nope! These Pesto Chickpea Lettuce Wraps meet all my requirements! OHMYGOSH so yum and OHMYGOSH so simple! Like 15 minutes simple!
Why THESE Pesto Chickpea Lettuce Wraps?
- Healthy, DELISH, simple to make
- Filling snack
- Perfect for a light lunch and pairs oh so well with a bowl of soup
- Makes for a lot of LEFTOVERS!
- Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian and Dairy Free
- Macro friendly – great balance of protein, healthy fat and clean carbs
I know you’re DYING to make these, so here’s what we’re working with.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Cumin
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Lime Juice
- Garlic Clove
- Bibb or Boston Lettuce
How To Make My Pesto Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
You’ll start with preparing the chickpea salad. It’s so easy. All you do is heat a Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a saucepan, add the cumin and chickpeas and sauté for a couple minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
Next up…prepare your pesto sauce. Pull out that food processor and add in the fresh basil leaves, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic clove, lime juice, a bit more cumin, and some salt and pepper. Put the top on your food processor and pulse for a couple of minutes until your ingredients are well blended.
Once all the pesto sauce ingredients are chopped up and well combined, remove from the food processor using a spatula. Pour the pesto into a small saucepan and turn the stovetop on medium-high. You’ll want to cook this crazy yummy pesto for 4-5 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste as needed.
Once your pesto is hot, pour it into the bowl of chickpeas. Stir well and BAM…they’re done!! Seriously – tell me how easy that was! It took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish!
Tear off each leaf of your Bibb Lettuce and wash well. Scoop a spoonful of the Pesto Chickpea into each leaf and you’ve got yourself a super healthy lettuce wrap on your hands! Or just skip the lettuce, pick up a spoon and eat it out of the bowl. Either method is totally acceptable 🙂
Cool Things You Should Know
- You can eat these hot, at room temperature or cold. Personally, I like to eat these cold.
- Store in an air tight refrigerator safe container for up to 3 days.
- Serve as an appetizer, lunch or snack.
- Serving size is 4-6 people.
- Pairs perfectly with my Hubbard Squash Soup or my Tomato and White Bean Soup
Did you find this blog post and these step-by-step instructions helpful? If you’ve tried my Pesto Chickpea Lettuce Wraps or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! I love hearing from you! You can also sign up for my newsletter and FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food I’m creating!
Pesto Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chickpeas and cumin. Sauté for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pesto sauce in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Once blended, pour pesto into a small saucepan and heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Once hot, pour pesto sauce into the bowl of chickpeas and mix well.
- Serve in a Bibb Lettuce leaf. Serve hot, room temperature or cold.
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.
- Recipe inspired by Sapna Punjabi-Gupta