It's been in the mid 90's here today so I thought it would be good to make a pasta dish that is Gluten Free as we near the end of summer. This recipe is a keeper. It's absolutely fantastic and so easy to make! My daughter had 2 FULL servings!! For Mother's Day, my husband bought me a magazine called 30 Minute Dinners and that is where I got this recipe. He was so cute...he wrapped the magazine up in a big basket with another magazine and filled it relaxing bath bubbles, salts and essential oils! Big kudos to my hubby for thinking outside the box on that gift! He touched on my favorite things for Mother's Day...recipes, reading and bath stuff 🙂
This recipe is fast. Start to finish; it only took 20 minutes, which is great because tonight both kids had their athletic activities. This pasta has a light pesto taste, but is full of flavor due to the Parmesan cheese and fresh basil I used. It pairs nicely with a side salad. I love pasta in general, but this recipe is now one of my favorites. I'm so glad I found it! Happy eats!
- 1 9 ounce package of noodles (use Gluten Free noodles if you are Gluten Free)
- 2 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup of purchased basil pesto or make your own
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce) - make sure you buy a fresh block and grate it...it tastes so much better
- Dash Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Dash Salt
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add thinly sliced carrots and stir for 5-7 minutes or until carrots become slightly tender. Once done, set aside.
2. Add chicken in a separate skillet with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add pesto; toss to coat. Once done, set aside.
3. When pasta has finished cooking, drain and return pasta to pan and toss with the remaining 1 Tablespoon butter. Add the pesto sauce, shredded Parmesan cheese, carrots and chicken to the large pan with the pasta and toss to cover. Divide pasta among four plates. If desired, drizzle chicken with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil. Makes 4 servings.