There’s nothing better than a Double Chocolate Cookie with peanut butter and chocolate chips! Pour yourself a glass of cold milk and get ready to indulge in these dark chocolate gluten free cookies that have a hint of peanut butter!
This is the perfect cookie for this time of year! The weather is fantastic and we are finally starting to feel the crispness in the air! And with the Fall season comes baking. And with baking comes cookies! Who loves cookie exchanges? I do because I get to experience so many different types of wonderful cookies! And these cookies are perfect for a Halloween, Thanksgiving, the Fall season or a Christmas cookie exchange because they bring a variety of flavor!
These Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are full of peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and have a dark chocolate taste because of the added cocoa powder. And they are gluten free! Around Halloween time last year, I was on the hunt for a good fall season cookie and I found House of Nash Eats Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies and they instantly caught my eye! Her cookie was full of rich dark chocolate, double peanut butter with the Reese’s pieces and peanut butter chips and had a double chocolate taste with the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips. So I was determined to make them. And I did….except I changed it up a little bit. And they turned out perfect!
Since I’m gluten free, I needed to make a gluten free version of these Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies. So I switched out the regular flour and substituted it with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour. I also used regular cocoa powder instead of the special dark cocoa powder. And I used regular chocolate chips instead of the Halloween baking chips. And guys, they turned out amazing!
Now, I can personally vouch for House of Nash Eats Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies because my son asked me to make a batch of hers while I made me and my daughter a batch of the gluten free version of these chocolate peanut butter cookies. Even though I’m gluten free, I had to do a taste test of the original recipe and it was amazing. Hers has the best dark chocolate taste! But my gluten free version is more of a fall time cookie since the chocolate and peanut butter chips meld so perfectly together! Typically, a gluten free cookie with chocolate chips, Reese’s pieces, peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips would taste super sweet but not the version I created. Adding that pinch of salt makes all the difference in the world! You will get the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter in every bite of these incredible cookies!
These Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are perfect for dipping in a tall glass of cold milk! That’s my daughter’s favorite way to eat these cookies! Personally, I like them with a hot cup of coffee!
With all this talk about amazing cookies don’t forget about my Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (which are paleo, gluten free, dairy free), Boyfriend Cookies and my Quinoa Protein Bites, which are a lot like a cookie!
Everyone’s going to love these cookies! They’re so perfect for this time of year! Happy baking and Happy Eats Ya’ll!
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granular sugar
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using your KitchenAid Standing Mixer, using the medium size bowl combine the softened butter, light brown sugar and white granular sugar and mix on low with the wire attachment for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add in the eggs and vanilla and mix for another minute.
- In a separate large bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir with a spoon to mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and use your KitchenAid Standing Mixer to mix on low speed until all ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine the semi sweet chocolate chip morsels, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces and stir to until they are evenly distributed.
- Gently stir in 3/4 of the candies into the cookie batter, setting the rest aside until after the cookies are done.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie and shape into a ball by rolling between the palms of your hand. Note that the cookie dough is going to be more on the soft side so take care to roll them into balls.
- Place each ball on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes, until set. Note that when you remove your cookies from the oven, they are going to be soft and may not appear to be done. They are done and will firm up as they cool.
- Take the remaining candies and gently press into each cookie. This makes the cookies look extra appealing!
- About 10 minutes after pulling the cookies out of the oven, transfer to a cooling wrack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite COOKIE, CHOCOLATE and DESSERT board on PINTEREST!!
Recipes Inspired by: House of Nash Eats
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but I may make a small commission based on your purchase! Thank you for supporting Recipes Worth Repeating!