Everyone loves a yummy cookie and that’s exactly what these Boyfriend Cookies bring to the table…a whole lot of sweet yumminess! These cookies contain white, milk and semi sweet chocolates mixed with a creamy peanut butter taste from the Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter chips. These cookies are perfect for the holiday season!
These have to be the most delicious cookies I have ever made! Now, you are probably wondering why these cookies are called Boyfriend Cookies. Well, I honestly have no idea why. All I can come up with is since these cookies contain white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter chips…either your boyfriend will love these because of all the candies or your boyfriend broke your heart and you want to eat your woes away.
I just have no clue.
I adopted these cookies from Every College Girl and they’ve been a HUGE hit over the years. So I figured I’d share them here at Recipes Worth Repeating…because that’s exactly what this is. A recipe worth repeating.
And yes – these sweet yummies can be made gluten free!
Let’s look at what makes these Boyfriend Cookies so fabulous!
- Unsalted Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Vanilla Extract
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Reese’s Pieces
How To Make Boyfriend Cookies
These cookies are SO easy to make! Let’s walk you through how to make these step-by-step.
In a mixing bowl,you’re going to cream the butter and sugars. You can use a KitchenAid on low speed or a hand mixer. Your choice here. I used a KitchenAid.
Next, you’re going to add in the instant pudding mix, eggs and vanilla to your bowl of creamed sugars and butter. You’re going to mix that on low for about 30 seconds.
Add in the flour and baking soda to the creamed mixture and mix on low for another minute until all the ingredients are mixed well.
Now it’s time to fold in the candies! I like to make things easy on myself. After I’m done mixing the dough, I remove the whisk (s) from the mixer and fold in each of the candies.
With my hands, I combine about 2 Tablespoons worth of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Or, if you have a flexipan – you can use that instead of a cookie sheet lines with parchment paper.
It’s now time to bake these cookie! Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. I cool the cookies on a wire rack.
And that’s IT! How simple is that!
Each month at church, I sign up to bring snacks at our greeting table. Last week I made these cookies and they were gone in (no joke) about 3 minutes! The kids LOVED these cookies and so did all the adults!
Let’s Talk Gluten Free
These cookies can be made Gluten Free if you use a Gluten Free all purpose flour. My all time favorite gluten free flour is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour. If you are not Gluten Free, you can use a regular flour. This recipe also calls for vanilla pudding mix. If you are wondering if vanilla pudding mix is gluten free, here is some research I did on Kraft’s site:
“Jello is a Kraft company. Any gluten ingredients would be listed on the label. For Example, if the modified food starch was from wheat, it would say “Modified food starch from wheat” or “Modified food starch (wheat).” So if you don’t see any wheat, rye, barley or oats, it is safe. Kraft will not hide anything.”
But when in doubt, you should call the company. These cookies didn’t upset my stomach at all or give me the typical headache when I eat gluten, but you should do additional research if you are still concerned.
Also, read the ingredients and labels on all the candies listed in this cookie recipe. I’m not sensitive enough to gluten to have it affect me when candies are made in the same shop as other wheat products, but others are – so do your research!
Expert Tips For Making Boyfriend Cookies
- When making these cookies, they tend to be a little sticky when placing them on your cookie sheet, so take your time and form these into a nice ball and flatten down just a little bit.
- I always add more candy on top after I’ve formed my cookie. It’s purely from a vanity perspective. Adding those candies on top really help the cookie look so pretty and appetizing!
- Flexipan is AMAZING! If you don’t have one SERIOUSLY consider getting one. They make like SO MUCH EASIER. It’s a silicone pan that is super versatile for cooking. You can make chicken nuggets, fish, chicken, cookies…whatever on this flexipan. A flexipan is non-stick, cooks food more evenly and is super easy to clean up.
- Even though these cookies contain a lot of candy, the sweetness of the cookie is not overbearing. There is a perfect balance with the dough of the cookie and the sweetness factor. And these Boyfriend Cookies pair so perfectly with a glass of milk! Santa will really enjoy these cookies this year!
More Cookie Recipes
Do you love cookies? Because I love cookies! Especially in December! Cookie exchanges, pot lucks and family get togethers are heavy in the month of December and you’re going to need a good cookie to share with others! Thes Boyfriend Cookies will be a huge hit, but if you want to check out other cookies on the blog check these out:
- Gluten Free Cranberry Cookies
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Churro Cinnamon Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese
I just know you are going to LOVE this cookie!
If you’ve tried these cookies or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! I love hearing from you! You can also sign up for my newsletter and FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food I’m creating!
Everyone loves a yummy cookie and that's exactly what these Boyfriend Cookies bring to the table...a whole lot of yumminess! These cookies contain white, milk and semisweet chocolates mixed with a creamy peanut butter taste from the Reese's Pieces and peanut butter chips. These cookies are perfect for the holiday season!
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Package 3.5 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour (Use a gluten free flour if you are gluten free).
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips,
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. You can use a KitchenAid on low speed or a hand mixer.
Add the instant pudding mix, eggs and vanilla to the bowl of creamed sugars and butter. Mix on low for 30 seconds.
Add in the flour and baking soda to the creamed mixture and mix on low for another minute until all the ingredients are mixed well. The mixer will start to slow down as it's mixing all these ingredients together.
When the dough is done mixing, remove the whisk(s) from the mixer and fold in all the candy.
With your hands, combine about 2 Tablespoons worth of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (I usually use a small spring loaded cookie scoop).
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Regardless if you are using a Gluten Free Flour or a wheat based flour, you will use 2 1/4 cups for this recipe.
NOTE: You will find affiliate links on this page.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in December of 2016, but was re-published with updated step-by-step instructions, pictures and tips in December of 2018.