Roasted Green Beans topped with freshly grated Parmesan makes the most delicious fresh green bean recipe. Deliciously coated with balsamic vinegar for a delicious depth of flavor.
Delicious Roasted Green Beans Recipe!
Super simple green beans recipe. Perfectly crisp-tender, smothered in a balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese. Added sliced mushrooms for an amazing texture. Easy and flavorful!
Sounds amazing, right? There’s nothing complicated about this roasted green beans recipe. It’s a quick, simple, no-fuss recipe that is easy enough for your weeknight meal needs.
And I’m all about green bean recipes right now! Green beans are such a versatile vegetable and can be made so many different ways. I’m digging oven roasted green bean recipes the most though. When fresh green beans are roasted, they just develop a whole new delicious depth of flavor. And the balsamic marinated mushrooms “pop” the flavor in this recipe and adds a nice tangy finish. Hands down, this is one of the best green beans recipe I’ve tasted!
We’re talking 5 ingredients away from one of the most flavorful roasted green beans recipe you’ll ever eat:
- Fresh Green Beans
- Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Let me stress the importance of using fresh grated Parmesan cheese. For the freshest, most intense flavor, use a block of Parmigiano Reggiano Parmesan Cheese. It’s a hard cheese and has more of a nutty taste. Fresh grated Parmesan cheese adds a strong savory flavor to these roasted green beans. When I’m in a hurry, I use the grated Kirkland brand of Parmigiano Reggiano because it’s aged for over 24 months and imported from Italy.
How to Make Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Start off by trimming the tips off the green beans. Then, cut the green beans 2 to 3 times so you have bite-size pieces.
- Next, rinse the fresh green beans and sliced mushrooms in a colander.
- Grab a gallon sized Ziplock bag and add in the fresh green beans, sliced mushrooms, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Seal the bag and shake well until the green beans and mushrooms are well coated.
- In an oven safe casserole dish, add the green bean mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Once done, top with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
I meal prep a lot and these green beans are the perfect vegetable to add to any dish. These roasted green beans keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and taste amazing when reheated.
How Many Carbs are in Green Beans?
There are only 7 grams of carbs in 1 cup of green beans, which is super helpful to know if you are on a low carb diet. When meal prepping, this information comes in handy if you are a macronutrient counter like I am.
What Should I Serve with these?
Tips for Roasted Green Beans
- You can use french style green beans if you want. To make french style green beans, simply cut the tips off in a diagonal direction. Then, slice the green beans lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces. Needa visual? Check out this video: How to Cut French Style Green Beans
- You can make these ahead of time by letting all the ingredients marinate overnight in the Ziplock bag. After you’ve added all the ingredients to the bag, seal and place in the refrigerator. The flavor is amazing when you let these green beans and mushrooms marinate overnight in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- I love using flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars with this recipe. Garlic infused olive oil with a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette is my favorite taste combination so far.
- Skip the jarred Parmesan Cheese powder. Is that even real Parmesan cheese? Stick with the fresh stuff.
- If you want a little more crunch to these green beans, cook them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- You shouldn’t need to add salt to these green beans because fresh Parmesan cheese adds plenty of flavor.
Remember to subscribe to the Recipes Worth Repeating newsletter to receive new recipe notifications delivered to your inbox!
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit.
- Trim the ends off the green beans and cut beans so they are bite size pieces.
- Wash the sliced mushrooms and green beans in a colander and drain.
- Place the cut green beans and mushrooms into a Ziploc bag and add in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Seal and shake the bag so the green beans and mushrooms are lightly coated with the mixture.
- Arrange in a 13×9 Pyrex dish and cook them for 40-45 minutes. Cook until beans are tender and crisp. All liquid should have evaporated. Sprinkle on freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead of Time - You can make these ahead of time by letting all the ingredients marinate overnight in the Ziplock bag. After you've added all the ingredients to the bag, seal and place in the refrigerator. The flavor is amazing when you let these green beans and mushrooms marinate overnight in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Flavored Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegars - I love using flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars with this recipe. Garlic infused olive oil with a raspberry balsamic vinegar is my favorite taste combination so far.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in May 2012, but was re-published with updated step-by-step instructions, pictures, and tips in July 2019.