I found this recipe from a woman by the name of Jenna Weber. She is a pastry chef and you can read more about here at this site: EatLiveRun.com.
By far the BEST loaf of bread I have ever made and you CAN make this gluten free!! For the Gluten Free loaf, I used Bob’s Red Mill Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix. For the regular loaves, I used King Arthur Bread Flour. Shop now on Amazon for these 2 products!
I also have to take a minute and tell everyone about a new product I have fallen in love with. The bread came out as well as it did because of the bread pan I used. It will absolutely make your baking experience better. The company is called Demarle. You may have heard of this product because Martha Stewart made the silipat famous, but the cookware is amazing. It’s silicone and glass. It bends and twists and I promise you will NEVER user another 13X9 Pyrex dish once you try this. I get so sick of using the silver metal bread pans because they rust very easily. When I found out about this bread pan, I had to try it. Since it’s silicone and glass, you don’t have to use any cooking sprays or oils, butters or Crisco. That makes me SUPER happy because if you read the ingredients in those products (like PAM)…it’s a lot of added preservatives we just dont need. For my bread loaf, I poured the batter in and let it cook…then took it out of the oven. I let it cool for 10 minutes, turned the bread upside down and it came out PERFECTLY! No sticking, no crumbs, no breaking…it was perfect (see my 2nd picture below)! The product is from France and I HIGHLY recommend it. Enjoy the bread and remember that the products you use really do help your cooking/baking experience and the quality of the food! You can buy the Demarle loaf pan on Amazon now!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or use Gluten Free flour if you are going Gluten Free)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (12 oz)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt, regular or lowfat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I use my Demarle loaf pan because the bread comes out perfectly! See my picture below!
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the blueberries and lemon zest and toss to combine.
- In the same bowl as your flour mixture, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yogurt then the dry ingredients, mixing only until incorporated and being careful not to crush the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting gently onto a plate.
Yield: makes 1 loaf