You're spiralizer is not just for zucchini! I've got 22+ delicious recipes using a variety of spiralized vegetables including zucchini, beets, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and more! These spiralizer recipes are exactly what you're looking for this spring and summer!
If you are looking to make new recipes that contain healthy spring and summer vegetables, then these spiralizer recipes are about to blow your mind in a really good way! Spiralizing is one of the best ways to get vegetables into your diet. If you're looking to limit your carb intake or add some new texture to your meals...you're going to love the variety in these recipes.
What Vegetables Can I Spiral?
Everyone knows what "zoodles" are (zucchini noodles) and they are the most popular vegetable to spiral. But did you know there are a ton of vegetables out there that can be spiralized? Almost every vegetable is a candidate! Here's some of my favorite vegetables to spiral:
- White Potato
- Bell Pepper
What Spiralizer Should You Buy?
Let me go ahead and prepare you...there are lots of spiralizers out there to choose from so do your research and make sure you buy the spiralizer that best fits your needs. Here's the ones I've seen and recommend.
- Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer - I highly recommend this spiralizer. It's super strong and sturdy and comes with 5 stainless steel blades.
- Lifestyle Dynamics Original SpiraLife Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - Do you ever get mush when you try to spiralize vegetables? Well, it won't happen with this spiralizer. This spiralizer has a shorter and wider funnel that helps prevent mushy zoodles.
- Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer - This slicer has 3 blades for vegetable strands & zucchini noodles.
- Spiralizer Ultimate 7 Strongest-and-Heaviest Duty Vegetable Slicer - Are you looking to make a lot of different spiral shapes with your vegetables? If so, then this is the blade for you! This spiralizer has 7 blades and it's super strong. It also comes with an extra blade caddy.
- Paderno World Cuisine 4-Blade Folding Vegetable Slicer - You can easily slice and spiralize lots of fruits & vegetables with this one. With this spiralizer, you get 1 Vegetable spiralizer / slicer plus 4 blades: 1 x Straight blade (⅛") for ribbons and accordion cuts, 3 x Julienne blades (⅛", ¼" & 3/32") for vegetable strands & zucchini noodles.
- KitchenAid KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment - Do you have a KitchenAid? If so then you'll love this spiral attachment! This one is higher in price so if you buy this attachment, make sure you check your model to ensure it will fit.
- Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer - This one can be mounted on your counter and has 3 blades. This one has 4 powerful suction feet so you don't have to hold down the spiralizer while spiralizing your vegetables.
Regardless of what type of spiralizer you end of buying, spiralizing vegetables is super easy. And if you are a newbie who is looking for a beginner's guide to spiralizing, take a look at what Lisa Bryan demonstrates here at Downshiftology.
What Recipes Can I Make Using a Spiralizer?
Now that you know a little bit more about what vegetables you can spiralize and what spiralizers are out there for purchase, let's jump into these must have recipes! A benefit to using spiralizing vegetables in these dishes is the reduction of complex carbs. Not only are these recipes full of extra vitamins and nutrition, they tend to be lower in calories, as well.
Zucchini Spiralizer Recipes
Zucchini is by far the most popular vegetable to spiralize. It's actually a fruit that has a dark green peeling and tends to be slightly sweet in flavor. The texture is tender, which makes this the perfect vegetable to spiral. Zucchini does a great job handling heavy sauces that are high in fat like this avocado pasta sauce or have a high acidity levels, such as my homemade spaghetti sauce. You're going to love these easy to make zoodle recipes!
Spiralized Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet potatoes are sweet in flavor and firm in texture. Full of nutrition, sweet potato noodles taste amazing with anything they are paired with. Regardless if they are seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper or covered in a cheesy sauce, these sweet potato noodle recipes are easy to make and beyond flavorful!
Beet Noodle Recipes
Don't swear off eating beets until you've tried some of these recipes. Spiralized beets are not only super healthy, but they also take on a lot of the flavors they are paired with. Beets pair well with a variety of different fruits, nuts, and seafood. Add a light dressing or sauce and you'll be amazed at how delicious spiralized beet recipes can taste!
Vegetable Noodle Recipes
If you've never used a variety of vegetables to make spiralizer recipes, you have to try it! The combination of flavors from the different vegetables is not only light and refreshing, but amazing in flavor! You can even add in spaghetti pasta to mix things up a bit! Regardless if you mix these spiralized vegetables with a rich and savory sauces or use simple seasonings, you'll enjoy every bite!
It's never been so easy to make spiralizer recipes! The spiralizer is a kitchen tool that often get ignored, but I'm here to tell you that a spiralizer brings so much character to any meal! And not only can you spiralize vegetables, you can also spiralize fruit! These dehydrated apples are great when the apple is spiraled and it's really easy to do. And I even like spiralizing the potatoes when making these fresh french fries in the air fryer. The possibilities are truly endless! So pull out that spiralizer and get to cooking because you have some amazing meals to make!!
Follow Recipes Worth Repeating for more amazing recipes!