This sweet Corn Salad Recipe is fresh and bright loaded with fresh corn, spring salad mix, cherry tomatoes, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries. The Champagne Vinaigrette dressing gives this salad a burst of flavor!
Corn Salad Recipe
Fresh summer garden vegetables like corn on the cob, juice cherry tomatoes, and crisp lettuce. Oh my, oh my...YUM! The easy Corn Salad is a huge crowd pleaser!
So my two friends, Erin and Brandee, were having a conversation on Facebook about this sweet corn salad Erin made. They were raving about it, so I asked Erin for the recipe. I think I've mentioned in the past that I love Dijon mustard...like for real, LOVE. I hunt for recipes with Dijon mustard. So when Erin sent this recipe over and I saw the dressing called for Dijon mustard, I was all over it.
If you're a salad lover, you'll definately be adding this simple corn salad recipe to your menu. I've made this salad at least 20 times and it's a crowd pleaser and family favorite. Amazingly refreshing, crisp and cold, this salad is perfect to serve with simple dinners or any cookout. Pair it with this Sweet Garlic Chicken or these Italian Marinade Steak and Vegetable Kabobs.
Corn Salad and Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
Okay, salad ingredients. Like I mentioned, there is a lot of fresh summery goodness going on in this recipe, and it looks like so:
- spring mix salad
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- sliced almonds
- dried cranberries
- 2 cobs of fresh shucked corn - raw
Now for this elegant, yet simple Champagne Vinaigrette dressing:
- Dijon mustard
- Bottle of Champagne Vinaigrette dressing
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
How to Make Corn Salad
Let's start by making the dressing. Mince the garlic cloves and then add all the Champagne Vinaigrette ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour the dressing into a container with a lid, shake well, and store in the refrigerator to chill.
Now, let's put together this wonderful cold Corn Salad. The first thing you're going to do is shuck the cobs of corn and rinse to remove the silk from each corn husk. Grab a corn kernel cutter and cut off the kernels.
In a large bowl, add all the corn salad ingredients and toss with salad tongs. Grab the Champagne Vinaigrette dressing from the fridge and shake well. Drizzle on the dressing and serve.
It's that simple!
Can I Substitute Fresh Corn with Frozen Corn?
For this recipe, I don't recommend using frozen corn. For other corn salad recipes, using frozen corn is fine but this is a fresh, bright, and colorful salad and that raw sweet corn is the star of the show.
How Far in Advance Can Corn Salad be Made?
For best results, make the salad right before you are ready to serve. You want to serve this corn salad within 30 minutes of adding the dressing. If you add the dressing and let it sit, the fresh vegetables start to break down and get watery.
How Long Does Champagne Vinaigrette Store in the Fridge?
There are no additives or preservatives in this dressing, so you can store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
If you don't have a corn kernel cutter, you can use a sharp knife.
Looking for More Light and Fresh Summer Salad Recipes?
- Apple and Berry Chopped Kale Salad with Citrus Basil Vinaigrette
- Pear and Goat Cheese Bistro Salad
- Naval Orange and Kale Salad
Bottom line. HURRY UP and make this corn salad! Like, OMG so good. It'll be your new favorite salad recipe, guaranteed.
Remember to subscribe to the Recipes Worth Repeating newsletter to receive new recipe notifications delivered to your inbox! Follow Recipes Worth Repeating on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest updates, recipes and content.
Corn Salad Recipe
- 1 bag spring salad mix
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cobs fresh shucked corn, raw
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinaigrette dressing
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloved garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the Dijon mustard, champagne vinaigrette dressing, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and honey.
- Whisk until well combined. Pour the dressing into a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- With a corn kernel cutter or a knife, cut the corn from 2 raw cobs of corn.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, almonds, dried cranberries, and raw corn.
- Pour ⅓ cup of dressing onto the corn salad and mix well. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to add/decrease the dressing per your own taste.
- Dressing with keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in June 2015, but was re-published with updated step-by-step instructions, pictures, and tips in July 2019.