Simply delicious and ready in only 15 minutes, this summer corn salad is loaded with fresh sweet corn, crisp lettuce, and sweet cherry tomatoes. Tossed in a homemade dressing, you'll enjoy the refreshing taste of summer in every bite!
- ✔️ Quick Recipe Overview
- ℹ️ Why This Recipe Works
- 🛒 Ingredients You'll Need
- 📋 Step-By-Step Recipe Instructions
- 🔪 The Best Way To Cut Corn Off The Cob
- 🌽 Using Grilled Corn
- 📖 Variations
- 🙋 Frequently Asked Questions
- 💭 Expert Tips
- 🥗 More Summer Salad Recipes
- Summer Corn Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing
✔️ Quick Recipe Overview
Why This Is The Best Summer Corn Salad: This fresh corn and tomato salad is light and easy to make. It can even be prepared ahead of time! This recipe is perfect as a side dish for any weeknight dinner or for a summer BBQ!
How Long It Takes: 15 minutes
Equipment You'll Need: 2 bowls, whisk, knife, or shucking tool
This summer corn salad is a vibrant fresh summer salad that tastes amazing! It's great on its own or and when it's paired with a main dish like these breaded chicken thighs in the air fryer or these Asian steak roll ups. If you're a salad lover, this one is amazingly refreshing and crisp and made with minimal ingredients. This easy corn salad recipe will quickly become a family favorite that everyone will enjoy!
🛒 Ingredients You'll Need
The ingredients are basic and can be found at any local grocery store. Chopped romaine or mixed salad greens work best with this summer corn salad, but I've also made it with a softer lettuce such as butter or bibb lettuce. I also add halved juicy cherry or grape tomatoes. They add a burst of freshness and taste amazing with the champagne vinaigrette dressing. While you can use canned or frozen corn that has been thawed, raw corn freshly cut from the cob tastes the best. Add sliced almonds and dried cranberries and then toss it with the homemade dressing.
The dressing is made using a store bought bottle of champagne vinaigrette dressing as the base. I then add in dijon mustard, extra-virgin olive oil, fresh minced garlic, honey, and a dash of salt and pepper. Whisked together, this homemade dressing is a light and easy vinaigrette that pairs perfectly with all the fresh ingredients in this salad.
📋 Step-By-Step Recipe Instructions
Start by making the champagne vinaigrette dressing. Mince the garlic cloves and then add all the dressing ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour the dressing into a container with a lid, shake well, and then store it in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
Next, remove the husks from each ear of corn and rinse with water to remove the silk. If you have a corn silking brush, it does a good job removing any remaining threads of silk. Using a sharp knife or a corn cob cutter, remove the kernels.
In a large bowl, add all the corn salad ingredients and gently toss to combine. Remove the champagne vinaigrette dressing from the refrigerator and shake well. Slowly drizzle on the dressing and mix well to combine.
It's that simple! This summer corn salad recipe is quick and easy to make, refreshing, and includes the perfect blend of fresh vegetables. It's a beautiful salad that truly captures the summer season! It'll be your new favorite salad recipe, guaranteed.
🔪 The Best Way To Cut Corn Off The Cob
Cutting corn from an ear of corn can be tricky. The easiest way to cut the kernels off is to hold the cob at a 90° angle on a cutting board. Using a small sharp paring knife or chef's knife, slice downward ensuring to cut the kernels off in a single long strip. Add some pressure and slice slowly. From there, turn the ear of corn and slice again. Continue this process until all the kernels have been removed.
🌽 Using Grilled Corn
To add even more robust flavor, grill the ears of corn before adding the kernels to this salad. Learning how to grill corn is easy. Grilling the cobs on the grates is the fastest method and provides the most charred flavor. Start by preheating the grill to medium-high heat, around 400°F. Pull back the husks ensuring the corn is fully exposed. Tie the husks with cooking twine or a rubber band. Baste 1-2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil directly on the kernels. Place the cobs directly on the grill grates for 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes until lightly charred on all sides. When done, cut the charred kernels off the cob and add to the salad.
Adding additional fresh vegetables really adds to the flavor and crunch of this summer corn salad. English cucumbers provide an added crunch and sweetness. Fresh sliced avocado also tastes amazing and adds a lot of fiber. It also creates a creaminess that blends really well with the vinaigrette dressing. Crumbled feta, goat cheese, and blue cheese also tastes amazing.
To add a bit of heat, add in chopped or sliced jalapeño. Sliced red onion also add a lot of flavor. And don't forget about the fresh herbs! Chopped cilantro and basil add to the garden fresh flavors in every bite!
🙋 Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe, I recommend using fresh ears of corn to ensure this salad tastes fresh and remains bright and colorful. The raw sweet corn is the star of the show. In a pinch, you can use drained canned or thawed frozen corn, but it's not going to taste the same.
You can prep the vegetables and dressing up to 24 hours before serving. Simply combine the champagne vinaigrette dressing ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready for use. For the salad, chop, wash, and dry the lettuce and store in a container with an air-tight lid. Cut the kernels and store it in a separate container with a lid. When you're ready to serve, combine all the salad ingredients, drizzle on the dressing, and toss to combine.
For the freshest and best results, make the salad right before serving. It's best when served within 30 minutes of adding the dressing. If you add the dressing and let it sit, the fresh vegetables start to break down and get soggy.
There are no additional additives or preservatives in this dressing, so you can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
💭 Expert Tips
- The corn doesn't have to be exact measurement wise. I typically use 2 cobs, but use more or less depending on your preference.
- When it comes to using corn in this salad, fresh is best!
- Add grilled chicken or grilled shrimp to boost the protein.
- Store any leftovers in a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator. For best results, enjoy within 24 hours.
🥗 More Summer Salad Recipes
Everyone loves a good summer salad and I have some of the best ones you will ever taste! This kale salad with fruit is combined with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and Granny Smith apples mixed with fresh chopped kale, broccoli, cilantro, and mint. It tastes amazing topped with a homemade citrus basil vinaigrette dressing.
If you love a good bistro salad recipe, this pear and goat cheese salad is light and full of crisp flavors. The tartness of the green grapes mixed with the sweetness of pear blends perfectly with the creaminess of the goat cheese. And the mango balsamic vinaigrette is out-of-this-world delicious!
This orange kale salad is bursting with orange flavor and loaded with crunch in every bite. It's packed with fresh slices of naval oranges and sliced almonds and then tossed is a refreshing and zesty citrus vinaigrette.
Follow Recipes Worth Repeating for more amazing recipes!
Summer Corn Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 bowls
- chef or paring knife or corn shucking tool
- corn silk brush, optional
- 1 bag spring salad mix
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cobs fresh shucked corn, raw
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinaigrette dressing
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloved garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch black pepper
To Make The Champagne Vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, add the dijon mustard, champagne vinaigrette dressing, extra- virgin olive oil, salt, minced garlic, honey, and a pinch of pepper.
- Whisk until well combined. Pour the dressing into a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Make The Corn Salad
- Cut the kernels off the ears of corn.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, halved tomatoes, corn, almonds, and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the salad and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- The corn doesn't have to be exact measurement wise. I typically use 2 ears, but use more or less depending on your preference.
- Add grilled chicken or grilled shrimp to boost the protein.
- When it comes to corn, fresh is best! In a pinch, thawed frozen corn or canned will work.
- Store any salad leftovers in a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator. For best results, enjoy within 24 hours.
- You can prep the vegetables and dressing up to 24 hours before serving. Cut the kernels and store them in a separate container with a lid. When you're ready to serve, combine all the salad ingredients, drizzle on the dressing and toss to combine.
- The dressing will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in June 2015, but was re-published with updated step-by-step instructions, pictures, and tips in July 2022.