Crispy and crunchy, these air fryer chickpeas are quick and easy to make. Chili lime and ranch roasted flavored chickpeas are the perfect snack and ready in less than 30 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cosori. All opinions are my own.
Air Fryer Chickpeas
Who would have thought you could make chickpeas in an air fryer? Crazy, right? But let’s be honest…you can make pretty much anything in an air fryer, like ravioli, baked potatoes, and even french toast. Go take a look at those recipes in my post here for 13 Recipes That Will Convince You To Buy An Air Fryer. It’ll blow your mind!
But this recipe focuses on making roasted chickpeas in an air fryer. The perfect snack, these crispy little yummies are easy to make in an air fryer and are super flavorful and healthy.
Cosori Air Fryer
I was on the fence for a long time before I got an air fryer, but it’s made dinners on busy nights so easy. I ended up getting a 5.8-Quart Cosori Air Fryer because it feeds 4-5 people so it comes in handy for my family. This air fryer uses 360° air circulation technology which cuts down on a lot of fat from traditional deep frying. Here’s what I LOVE about my Cosori air fryer:
- Intuitive – Just like every other mom on the planet, I stay busy all the time and have 8000 different things going on at once. I just don’t have time to sit down and really “figure things out” if I don’t have to. Here’s what I’m loving about this air fryer.
- There are 11 presets which include vegetables, chicken, steak, breads, and more. So it does all the hard work for me. With this recipe, I decided to not use a preset and went with manually setting a time and temperature.
- It was super easy to figure out how to control the temperature and set the time. For these chickpea recipe, I set the temperature to 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 17 minutes.
- Detachable Air Fryer Basket – I’m kinda in love with this detachable air fryer basket! It’s nonstick and easily “clicks” into place, which makes it feel more secure. It’s also easy to separate with the release button technology. I’ve used other air fryers before and the baskets seem to wobble. The design of this basket seems to be more sturdy and of high quality. You can also clean both pieces in the dishwasher, which saves me time.
If you’re looking for a good quality air fryer, you’ll love this 5.8-Quart Air Fryer. It’s easy to clean and stores away beautifully. Now, let’s talk about how to cook chickpeas in your air fryer.
I made 2 different flavors, Chili Lime and Ranch Roasted. Here’s the ingredients you need:
Chili Lime Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- smoked Paprika
- garlic powder
- dry mustard
- fresh lime
Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
- Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 lime
How to Air Fry Chickpeas
I used to roast my chickpeas in the oven, but using the air fryer makes life so much easier. This is all you need to do:
- Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas in a colander.
- Lay the chickpeas on a paper towel and let air dry, for 10-15 minutes.
- Once dry, pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket. Spread them out evenly so they are not stacked on top of eachother.
- Manually set the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and timer to 17 minutes.
- Start the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open the basket and spray the chickpeas with a a non-stick cooking spray or with a bottle filled with olive oil.
- Shake the basket and then close.
- Air fry for 5 more minutes and then open the basket again.
- Slowly and evenly sprinkle on 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning.
- Shake well, close the basket door and then air fry again.
- When there is only 2 minutes left, sprinkle on another Tablespoon of seasoning.
- Close the basket and continue air frying for the remaining 2 minutes.
- Once the chickpeas are done, remove from the basket from the air fryer and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Storage – Don’t store these in a baggie or in tupperware. These are best crunchy and when I store them in a container, they get soggy. Air fryer chickpeas are meant to be crispy and crunchy. When I make a batch, it’s with the intention of serving them immediately. If you need to store leftovers, place them in a paper bag.
- Drying – If you’re in a hurry, you don’t have to dry the chickpeas. Just make sure they are not dripping wet before putting them in the basket.
- Seasonings – There are a ton of seasoning you can come up with. Here’s a tip for making ranch roasted chickpeas. Once the chickpeas are done and you’ve added the last bit of seasoning, squeeze on some fresh lime juice and stir. The lime juice makes the flavor “pop“!
- Healthy – This is a super healthy air fryer recipe. Chickpea nutrition includes 15 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber for 1 cup. So if you’re on a high protein or keto diet, you’re going to love this recipe!
Other Air Fryer Recipes
If you’re loving your air fryer, check out these recipes:
Remember to subscribe to my newsletter to receive new recipe notifications. Follow Recipes Worth Repeating on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest updates, recipes, and content!
Crispy and crunchy, these air fryer chickpeas are quick and easy to make. Chili lime and ranch flavored chickpeas are the perfect snack and ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Hidden Valley Dry Seasoning
- 1 lime
Manually set the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and timer to 17 minutes.
Rinse and drain the can of garbanzo beans.
Lay the chickpeas on a paper towel and let air dry, for 10-15 minutes. Once dry, pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket. Spread them out evenly so they are not stacked on top of eachother.
Start the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes of air frying, open the basket and spray the chickpeas with a a non-stick cooking spray or with a bottle filled with olive oil. Shake the basket and then close the basket door.
Air Fry for 5 more minutes and then open the air fryer basket again.
Slowly and evenly sprinkle on 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning. Shake the basket well, close the basket door, and then air fry again.
When there is only 2 minutes left, sprinkle on another Tablespoon of seasoning. Close the basket and continue air frying for the remaining 2 minutes.
Once the chickpeas are done, remove from the basket and place in a bowl. Sprinkle on the remaining seasoning and stir to combine.
Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in a brown paper bag.