I need more side dishes in my life!, especially rice side dishes. I love rice, but I get in a rut and I tend to make the same rice side dish over an over again. I found this side dish recipe from Simply Recipes and my family loved it. I’m a big fan of creative rice recipes and I think you will enjoy this one! This one is good with just about any main dish but I like to serve this one on special occasions (Easter, company coming over, etc). This one is Gluten Free and so easy to make! One thing to throw out…don’t over cook your rice. If you do, it will become mushy and it changes the consistency of the dish. I like to use the rice from the bin dispensers at the store.
This one can be served either cold or warm. I personally like it at room temperature. Enjoy this one!
- 1 cup brown rice wild rice mix
- 2 1/3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans (toasted or untoasted, your choice)
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Recipe source: inspired by Simply Recipes