This easy Balsamic Roasted Chicken Sheet Pan Supper is the perfect meal you can make any night of the week, and it’s ready in under an hour! Colorful veggies with herb roasted chicken thighs makes for the perfect dinner recipe!
Hi, Friends! I’m Ashley from Sweetpea Lifestyle where good food gathers people to create life around the table. I love sharing how you can effortlessly entertain the people in your own home. I’m from Asheville, NC and I enjoy wining and dining around my great city!
Why This Is The Best Sheet Pan Chicken
- uses fresh veggies
- quick to make
- this baked chicken thigh recipe is full of robust flavors
- super crazy healthy and low carb
Here’s a quick overview of what this recipe entails. On a sheet pan, you’ll add whatever veggies you have on hand, toss them in some olive oil + salt & pepper. Add enough thighs to feed your family and then pop the whole one pan meal into the oven and bake until roasted perfection.
Ingredients – What You Need
Thighs roasted in the oven are my favorite meat to use in this sheet pan meal. When it comes to carrots, I like to use the colorful ones, mostly for the taste but also for the different nutritional value. Check out the details here in this article on the history of carrots and their color. I use orange carrots because they contain beta carotene. The purple carrots have a ton of antioxidants.
How to Make Roasted Chicken Sheet Pan Supper
- This recipe begins with a super-easy marinade.
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar with the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Add all of this to a container with a lid.
- Whisk it up!
- It takes a little bit and vigor, but make sure all the ingredients are combined well.
- Add the boneless, skinless thighs to the well-mixed marinade.
- Smoosh it around, and ensure all sides are coated well.
- Put the lid on the container, and place it in the fridge.
- It needs to marinate for a minimum of two hours, but overnight is best.
Preparing the Veggies
Now, let’s talk about the veggie part of the meal.
- Chop the veggies up to a similar size.
- Here, I’m using cauliflower, broccoli, onions, and colorful carrots.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil onto a half pan.
- Dump your veggies on top of the oil.
- Toss the vegetables around in the oil, making sure each one is well coated.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Roasting Chicken and Vegetables
- Now, get out the chicken that has been marinating.
- Nestle each piece onto the pan.
- No need to worry about if the chicken is on top of the veggies — just add them in!
- Pop the pan into a 425˚ pre-heated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken’s internal temperature is 165˚.
- Once done, you are ready to eat!
Variations and Recipe Notes:
- Mix up the protein – roasted chicken thighs are great in this sheet pan dinner, but you can use breasts, pork chops, or even salmon fillets.
- Vegetables – I use this recipe to help me clean out the fridge! Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar – regular balsamic vinegar is great in this recipe but I also love using a flavored balsamic vinegar and olive oil. They highly enhance the flavor!
- Line the pan – to make clean up easier, line the pan with aluminum foil.
- Meal prep – sheet pan dinners are PERFECT for meal-prepping, especially if you are living the low carb lifestyle. If you’re on the keto diet, this works too. On Sunday evening, make a couple of pans of this recipe, divide into containers, and your lunches are ready when you need them!
Need More Meal Prep Recipes Ideas?
Check these out:
- Low Carb Veggie Stir Fry Sheet Pan Supper
- Ranch-Grilled Meal Prep Chicken
- How to Low Carb Meal Plan & Prep
- One Pan Smoked Sausage and Vegetables
Make sure to leave a comment if you make this recipe and tag me @recipesworthrepeating on Instagram and hashtag #RecipesWorthRepeating.
Stay Updated! Get all the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox by signing up to receive my weekly email for the latest and greatest recipes!
Easy Balsamic Roasted Chicken Sheet Pan Supper
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar with onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Whisk up the marinade in a container that has a lid, until well combined.
- Add chicken thighs to the container, turning to coat all sides.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425˚.
- On a half sheet pan, drizzle a Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add cut up veggies, and toss to coat with the oil.
- Nestle the chicken thighs among the veggies.
- Roast the chicken and veggies on the half sheet pan for 25 minutes, or until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165˚.
- The chicken needs to marinate for a minimum of two hours, but overnight is best.
- Mix up the protein - roasted chicken thighs are great in this dinner, but you can use chicken breasts, pork chops, or even salmon fillets.
- Vegetables - I use this recipe to help me clean out the fridge! Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar - if you have a flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar, use it for this recipe! They highly enhance the flavor!
- Line the pan - to make clean up easier, line the pan with aluminum foil.
- Meal prep - sheet pan dinners are PERFECT for meal-prepping, especially if you are living the low carb lifestyle. If you're on the keto diet, this works too. On Sunday evening, make a couple of sheet pans of this recipe, divide into containers, and your lunches are ready when you need them!