This Quick Peppery Cheese Bread is yeast free and full of savory cheese and black pepper. Pairs perfectly with a bowl of delicious comforting soup. This cheese bread recipe is gluten free and is simple to make!
Quick Peppery Cheese Bread
There is nothing better than a piece of warm cheesy bread that just came straight out of the oven. This cheese bread recipe is super quick to throw together and is a gluten free bread recipe made without yeast. My daughter has a food allergy to yeast (I know, right!!) so we avoid breads with yeast at all costs. This quick bread recipe is golden on the outside, simple to make and oh so savory. And it pairs perfectly with my Homemade Potato Cheese Soup.
Dough Ingredients for Bread Recipe
To make this gluten free cheesy bread, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Bob's Red Mill all-purpose flour
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground black pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
How to Make Gluten Free Quick Peppery Bread
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter, and buttermilk together with a whisk.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and mix with well.
- Pour the dough mixture in 9x5 inch loaf pan that has just the bottom sprayed or greased. Or, you can use a silicone bread mold if you have one. I use a Demarle Silicone Loaf Mold.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes. When it's done baking, you're going to have the most beautiful golden brown loaf of cheese bread.
- Once the bread has completely cooled, get a bread knife and slice into ¼ to ½ inch slices. You're now ready to enjoy this soft baked cheesy bread.
Perfect Pairings for Quick Peppery Cheese Bread
I'm going to be flat out honest with you on something. This is not the type of bread that you eat on its own. It's definately good on its own with a slab of butter, but this bread recipe is meant to be paired with soup. Any kind of soup. Broth based, cream based, tomato based...you name it. This is a bread soup. Try pairing this easy quick bread recipe with these soups:
- Tomato and White Bean Soup
- Greek Lemon and Chicken Soup (Avgolemono Soup)
- Truffled Cauliflower Soup
- Southwest Stew
The ultimate comfort food, enjoy every savory bite!!
If you loved this recipe, give this recipe a star review! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #recipesworthrepeating and tagging me @recipesworthrepeating.
Quick Peppery Cheese Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt ,and pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter and buttermilk together with a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix with a spoon so all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixture in 9×5 inch loaf pan that has just the bottom sprayed or greased. Or, use a silicone loaf mold.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before removing from the pan. Store in refrigerator.
- If you're not gluten free, substitute the gluten free flour with a regular all purpose flour. Ingredient amounts will stay the same.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in November 2013, but was re-published with updated step-by-step instructions, pictures and tips in May 2019.